HVAC Refrigeration Service
Local 51 Refrigeration Technicians have the skills, expertise and dedication to fix any problem that arises in the buildings where we live, work and play. We provide the skills for our members to be able to prevent mishaps, and breakdowns through regular, scheduled maintenance on heating, air condition & ventilating, and refrigeration.
We also provide instruction that enables us to work on the unique systems found in highly specialized facilities such as clean rooms, pharmaceutical plants, food processing plants, ammonia systems, precision manufacturing facilities and computer data centers.
The work environment for apprentice and journeyperson refrigeration technicians varies. All prospective applicants must take into consideration the following factors:
- Jobsites are both indoors and outdoors.
- Workers are exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures. Indoor spaces might not be temperature controlled, and the weather outdoors is unpredictable.
- Exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- Required to work in high places, such as on scaffolds.
- Occasionally be exposed to extremely bright or low light conditions.
- Regularly wear safety and protective attire.
- Cramped work places that require getting into awkward positions.