Scholarship Applications Available - (2/13/2013)
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local No. 51 Scholarship Fund
To be eligible, the student must be:
- A dependent of an active Journeyman, who is contributing to the Scholarship Fund.
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate producing undergraduate program
- A full time student, a minimum of four courses per semester plus passing grades
- (12 credits minimum per semester).
- A dependent listed on his/her parents Health & Welfare.
To be awarded a scholarship you must:
- Appear at the Union Hall, in person to receive a numbered application or request that one be mailed to you. Either the student or parent may appear to sign for the application. Applications are available anytime between 8:00 – 4:30 weekdays.
- The completed application must be returned, in person to the Union Hall no later than June 30th. If mailed, please call to confirm the Union has received application.
- Submit tuition statements for the Fall and Spring Semesters. Highlight actual tuition fees only on the tuition statement. The Scholarship covers tuition only…no book or dorm fees.
- Submit a copy of your Fall and Spring grades at the same time your application is submitted.
- Failure to comply on any and all of the above procedures will result in the denial of your application.
OTHER IMPORTANT FACTS
- The Scholarship will be paid once per year for the full scholastic year (Fall and Spring Semesters) and a check will be issued directly to the applicants in September following the June 30th deadline.
- The amount of the Scholarship award will be based on a flat fee, with the maximum not to exceed the cost of tuition.
- The Scholarship recipients must apply yearly by completing an application by June 30th of each year.
- Amounts of Scholarships will vary from year to year.
- Maximum amounts of scholarships not to exceed four full scholarships.
- The Scholarship Committee must receive your application no later than June 30th.
JOURNEYMAN TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- Must complete a Scholarship Application upon completion of the course.
- Submit with application a receipt of payment or cancelled check for the class, along with a copy of your grades.
- Not to exceed the amount of four scholarships awarded to dependents.
- Must not be full time student to be eligible and it must be work related.
For more info or if you have any questions, please contact:
Linda: 401-943-7301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show All News Headlines