Plumbers & Pipefitters Local No. 51 Scholarship Fund - (1/27/2010)
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local No. 51 Scholarship Fund
To be eligible, the student must be:
• A dependent of an active Journeyman, who is contributing to the Scholarship Fund.
• Enrolled in a degree or certificate producing undergraduate program
• A full time student, a minimum of four courses per semester plus passing grades
(12 credits minimum per semester).
• A dependent listed on his/her parents Health & Welfare.
To be awarded a scholarship you must:
• Appear at the Union Hall, in person to receive a numbered application or request that one be mailed to you. Either the student or parent may appear to sign for the application. Applications are available anytime between 8:00 – 4:30 weekdays.
• The completed application must be returned, in person to the Union Hall no later than June 30th. If mailed, please call to confirm the Union has received application.
• Submit tuition statements for the Fall and Spring Semesters. Highlight actual tuition fees only on the tuition statement. The Scholarship covers tuition only…no book or dorm fees.
• Submit a copy of your Fall and Spring grades at the same time your application is submitted.
• Failure to comply on any and all of the above procedures will result in the denial of your
OTHER IMPORTANT FACTS
• The Scholarship will be paid once per year for the full scholastic year (Fall and Spring Semesters) and a check will be issued directly to the applicants in September following the June 30th deadline.
• The amount of the Scholarship award will be based on a flat fee, with the maximum not to exceed the cost of tuition.
• The Scholarship recipients must apply yearly by completing an application by June 30th of each year.
• Amounts of Scholarships will vary from year to year.
• Maximum amounts of scholarships not to exceed four full scholarships • The Scholarship Committee must receive your application no later than June 30th
JOURNEYMAN TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
• Must complete a Scholarship Application upon completion of the course.
• Submit with application a receipt of payment or cancelled check for the class, along with a copy of your grades.
• Not to exceed the amount of four scholarships awarded to dependents.
• Must not be full time student to be eligible and it must be work related.
For more info or if you have any questions, please contact:
Linda: 401-943-7301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show All News Headlines