Local 51 Plumbers install and repair the water, waste disposal, drainage and gas systems in commercial and industrial buildings as well as in homes across Mass & Rhode Island. Local 51 Plumbers strictly adhere to local, state and national plumbing codes ensuring that each project is completed in uniform fashion.
Local 51 Journeyperson Plumbers are experts in a variety of areas including: Municipal Water Treatment Plants, Commercial Waste Water Treatment Facilities, Back-flow Prevention & Industrial Safeguards, Medical Gas Installation and Commercial & Residential Plumbing.
The work environment for apprentice and journeyperson plumbers varies. All prospective applicants must take into consideration the following factors:
- Jobsites are both indoors and outdoors.
- Workers are exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures. Indoor spaces might not be temperature controlled, and the weather outdoors is unpredictable.
- Exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- Required to work in high places, such as on scaffolds.
- Occasionally be exposed to extremely bright or low light conditions.
- Regularly wear safety and protective attire.
- Cramped work places that require getting into awkward positions.